Amanda-Users

can't reappear the error messages of

2007-11-15 07:41:56
Subject: can't reappear the error messages of
From: "Takashi Kurakata" <t.kurakata AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:35:16 +0900
Hi,all

I do the following with the server to let error message "Mesg read: Connection reset by peer" reappear.
 - amdump DailySet1
 - iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d "IPaddress of the client" -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset(during amdump)
 - iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d "IPaddress of the client" -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset(during amdump)

However, the error message is not reproduced.

The following error message "data read: Connection reset by peer" is output.

I checked the URL as follow, but I don't solve the problem.
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Mesg_read:_Connection_reset_by_peer

Have you reproduced this?  If there is some good method, Would you tell me how to reproduce the error message "Mesg read: Connection reset by peer"?

The system constitution is as follow:
 - I use amanda2.5.0p2-4(with RHEL5) and amanda2.5.2p1(Source).
 - There isn't a firewall between the server and client.

Your prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.