Amanda-Users

Re: Restore from file, not tape

2007-11-01 10:13:53
Subject: Re: Restore from file, not tape
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Linda Pahdoco <linda AT meridian-ds DOT com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:07:16 -0400
Linda Pahdoco wrote:
Jon LaBadie wrote:
Amrecover, not amrestore, would be the command to extract a directory
tree from that holding disk (or tape).

If that is what you used, and you were unable to see the index of files
in the dump, was the "record" parameter set to "yes" when the dump was
made.  No index is created otherwise.  If it was set, show the command
and interactive amrecover session you used (see "script" command as a
possible recorder)
Sorry, my mistype. I am using amrecover. When I dump the history for the
DLE I get this:

amrecover> history
200- Dump history for config "DailySet1" host "<removed>" disk "<removed>"
201- 2007-10-30 3 DailySet1-051 72
201- 2007-10-29 3 DailySet1-047 75
201- 2007-10-28 2 DailySet1-042 77
201- 2007-10-27 2 DailySet1-037 67
201- 2007-10-26 1 DailySet1-033 4
201- 2007-10-24 1 DailySet1-027 67
201- 2007-10-22 4 DailySet1-022 5
201- 2007-10-21 4 DailySet1-015 4
201- 2007-10-20 4 DailySet1-010 4
201- 2007-10-19 4 DailySet1-006 4
201- 2007-10-18 4 DailySet1-117 5
201- 2007-10-16 3 DailySet1-112 4
201- 2007-10-14 3 DailySet1-103 76
201- 2007-10-13 2 DailySet1-099 68
201- 2007-10-12 2 DailySet1-094 74
201- 2007-10-11 1 DailySet1-093 4
201- 2007-10-10 1 DailySet1-083 59
201- 2007-10-07 5 DailySet1-072 68

My level 0 ran on the 23rd, and is sitting on my disk. As you can see,
it doesn't show in the dump history, I'm guessing because it didn't
actually get dumped onto a tape.
The dump should be listed.
If it is not listed then something is wrong in the holding disk.
What is the complete path of the holding disk?
Do an 'ls -l' on the holding disk and a 'dd if=<holfing_file> bs=32k count=1'

Jean-Louis