Amanda-Users

Re: Restore from file, not tape

2007-10-31 19:52:31
Subject: Re: Restore from file, not tape
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:44:51 -0400
On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 04:24:25PM -0500, Linda Pahdoco wrote:
> I was really hoping I could get the tape changer configured before this
> happened, but it bit me on the rear.
>
> Amanda 2.4.5 server.
>
> I've got a level 0 sitting on my disk.  It's too large to fit on tape.
>
> I need to extract a directory from it.  I know the entire path.
>
> It doesn't show up in my list on amrestore because it never got dumped
> to tape from the holding disk.
>
> This has probably been covered before and I just didn't search right -
> but does someone know the commands to pull the directory from the file?

Amrecover, not amrestore, would be the command to extract a directory
tree from that holding disk (or tape).

If that is what you used, and you were unable to see the index of files
in the dump, was the "record" parameter set to "yes" when the dump was
made.  No index is created otherwise.  If it was set, show the command
and interactive amrecover session you used (see "script" command as a
possible recorder)
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)