Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover complains about missing index

2007-10-22 12:06:39
Subject: Re: amrecover complains about missing index
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Ingo Freund <amandalist AT e-dict DOT net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:00:34 -0400
Index are needed for amrecover, you must enabled them.
Add 'index yes' to your dumptype.

amrecover will only works your newer dump.

Ingo Freund wrote:
On 22.10.2007 17:17, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote (please find the answer below
the original text):
Why /var/lib/amanda/DAILYSET/index does not exist?

Do you generate index? What's the index setting on your dumptype?
What's the output of: amadmin DAILYSET disklist
Did it list 'index yes' for all DLE?

Jean-Louis

Ingo Freund wrote:
Hi,

when I try to run amrecover and call it like:

root@host $ amrecover -C DAILYSET -s tapehost -t tapehost -d /dev/nst0
the answer is:
501 Index directory /var/lib/amanda/DAILYSET/index does not exist
and then:
amrecover> sethost HOST.LAN
it shows me:
501 Must set config before setting host.
Trying host HOST.LAN ...
501 Must set config before setting host.

1. Question
- where and how do I get the "index"-directory

2. Question
- how can I set the "config" which I thought I gave in the command
  line already.

Well I have no idea, why the directory is not there. Doesn't amanda
create it by itself?
Every line of amadmin DAILYSET disklist shows "index NO".
...and the included dumptype shows "index no".

Bye - Ingo.