Amanda-Users

RE exclusions

2007-10-10 12:02:39
Subject: RE exclusions
From: Cyrille Bollu <Cyrille.Bollu AT fedasil DOT be>
To: "Johan Booysen" <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:56:53 +0200

At first sight it looks very easy: You are currently only doing full-daily backups. So, switch to regular incremental/differential backups and you'll be fine (No need to ask people doing tar files...)

Also, Amanda has all the features you need to keep track of where your files have been backuped. (eg: "index yes" in amanda.conf, amrecover, amtoc,...)

> What I want to do now is continue doing full backups every night, but
> exclude any data that will have been backed up to the monthly archive
> tape.

IMHO, you are describing a differential backup scheme here.

Cyrille