Amanda-Users

Re: backup is done , but they are not in tar file format !!!!

2007-10-06 20:53:35
Subject: Re: backup is done , but they are not in tar file format !!!!
From: amanda AT unixplanet DOT biz
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:19:00 -0400
Thank you,

I could open the files with dd and then pipe it to tar command.

is there any way to just create the tar file, I don't want to use
dd for restoring my backup ? is there any benefit of using dd ?

how can I customize the file name, and what is the 00001 and .1 stands for in following names :
00001.hostname._tmp_backedup.1