Amanda-Users

Re: taper signal 2 ?

2007-09-30 00:16:45
Subject: Re: taper signal 2 ?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: "Tim Johnson J." <tim AT earth.northwestern DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:18:15 -0500
Tim Johnson J. wrote:
>    I am going though the logs and trying to get my issue
> of not running. I finally ran across the "signal 2"
>    not sure what the signal two is.
>    Is there a listing of the signals, and is the below error
> a reference back to an in ability to see the tapes?

On POSIX systems, a signal 2 is a SIGINT, interrupt from
keyboard. Try checking for man pages for signal, kill, or
related functions to see how it is defined on your system.

The POSIX.1-1990 standard signals:
       Signal     Value     Action   Comment
       SIGHUP        1       Term    Hangup detected on controlling terminal
                                     or death of controlling process
       SIGINT        2       Term    Interrupt from keyboard
       SIGQUIT       3       Core    Quit from keyboard
       SIGILL        4       Core    Illegal Instruction
       SIGABRT       6       Core    Abort signal from abort(3)
       SIGFPE        8       Core    Floating point exception
       SIGKILL       9       Term    Kill signal
       SIGSEGV      11       Core    Invalid memory reference
       SIGPIPE      13       Term    Broken pipe: write to pipe with no readers
       SIGALRM      14       Term    Timer signal from alarm(2)
       SIGTERM      15       Term    Termination signal
       SIGUSR1   30,10,16    Term    User-defined signal 1
       SIGUSR2   31,12,17    Term    User-defined signal 2
       SIGCHLD   20,17,18    Ign     Child stopped or terminated
       SIGCONT   19,18,25    Cont    Continue if stopped
       SIGSTOP   17,19,23    Stop    Stop process
       SIGTSTP   18,20,24    Stop    Stop typed at tty
       SIGTTIN   21,21,26    Stop    tty input for background process
       SIGTTOU   22,22,27    Stop    tty output for background process

added in POSIX.1-2001:
       Signal       Value     Action   Comment
       SIGBUS      10,7,10     Core    Bus error (bad memory access)
       SIGPOLL                 Term    Pollable event (Sys V). Synonym of SIGIO
       SIGPROF     27,27,29    Term    Profiling timer expired
       SIGSYS      12,-,12     Core    Bad argument to routine (SVr4)
       SIGTRAP        5        Core    Trace/breakpoint trap
       SIGURG      16,23,21    Ign     Urgent condition on socket (4.2BSD)
       SIGVTALRM   26,26,28    Term    Virtual alarm clock (4.2BSD)
       SIGXCPU     24,24,30    Core    CPU time limit exceeded (4.2BSD)
       SIGXFSZ     25,25,31    Core    File size limit exceeded (4.2BSD)

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673