Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.2p1 build problems on FreeBSD

2007-09-24 13:07:35
Subject: Re: 2.5.2p1 build problems on FreeBSD
From: eric AT cirr DOT com (Eric Schnoebelen)
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:07:46 -0500
stan writes:
- I get the following error while runing configure:
-
- checking for lint... /usr/bin/lint
- lint: illegal option -- f
- usage: lint [-abceghprvwxzHF] [-s|-t] [-i|-nu] [-Dname[=def]] [-Uname] [-X
- <id>[,
- >
- >
- checking for raw ftape device... /dev/null
- checking for Kerberos and Amanda kerberos4 bits... no
- ./configure.lineno: 13541: Syntax error: Bad substitution
-
- Any sugestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Beat up some of the developers for using non-portable
code??? :D

Seriously, either use bash to run configure ( you'll still get
the message about/from lint), or look in the bug tracker for a
patch I submitted to cure both problems
(schnoebe AT sourceforge DOT net)

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric AT cirr DOT com
http://www.cirr.com