Amanda-Users

Re: migrate amanda to new server

2007-09-20 22:33:10
Subject: Re: migrate amanda to new server
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:35:46 -0500
On 9/20/07, fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com> wrote:
> If I want to migrate my existing amanda box to new one, can be virtual tapes
> copied directly from old box to new one? If can, do I need to relabel the
> vtapes again? or i have to start from first step?

Assuming all else is more or less the same (Amanda version, mostly),
and that you're also copying the configuration, index, curinfo,
tapelist, and so forth, then that should be fine.  You won't need to
relabel the tapes (in fact, doing so would erase their contents).

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com