Amanda-Users

Re: Sun 622 DLT8000 drive

2007-09-19 15:20:49
Subject: Re: Sun 622 DLT8000 drive
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:40:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Toomas Aas wrote:

I'm thinking about buying an used DLT8000 drive for the puropse of occasionally reading some old DLT tapes (not with Amanda, so sorry for the OT). Sun Model Number 622, Part Number 599-2347-02 is available on eBay, but I can't find any online documentation about this specific drive. Maybe someone on this list has one, and can point me to some online docs?

I assume that it is basically a standard SCSI DLT drive and should work fine with non-Sun server, right?

Right.  It should be able to read any tape written by DLT4000, DLT7000,
or DLT8000.

-Mitch