Amanda-Users

Amanda with Sun L9 on Sparcstation 5 running Solaris 9

2007-09-07 01:07:51
Subject: Amanda with Sun L9 on Sparcstation 5 running Solaris 9
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:07:16 +1000 (EST)

Hi everyone,

I have left this alone for a while but did a full Solaris 9 patch install on the host system a few days ago and have been trying again to get things working.

I've also installed the latest version (1.3.11) of mtx, and the newer version of Amanda. Both packages were compiled from source.

In the attachments are the current amanda.conf and tapelist files I am attempting to use.

The L9 is connected to a Sun Sbus HVD SCSI card and I'm using Sun's generic SCSI driver to communicate with the tape array. I have not changed or done anything to the L9's configuration via it's front panel controls other than for opening up the unit to install the set of tapes I was using in the past (which already have labels on them).

Whenever I try to run a command like 'amcheck ORBnet' or 'amtape reset' I'm getting errors about no free slots available which used to occur before. At this stage I haven't tried using 'mtx' directly though - would that be a better way to try and work out what's going wrong? I still think the problem might be due to the tapes having old labels and Amanda not knowing what to do about them? Or perhaps there is a problem with the tapelist file?

If you have problems replying to my email you can reach me at 'craig.dewick AT gmail DOT com' or 'kralizec.craig AT gmail DOT com'. I check both several times a week.

Thanks,

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.