Amanda-Users

Re: amtypetype taking 51 hours??

2007-07-29 14:28:17
Subject: Re: amtypetype taking 51 hours??
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:16:46 -0400
On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 10:38:07AM -0500, Steven Osborn wrote:
> I did give it -e of 200G which is it's native capacity, and it estimated 51
> hours.  It's capable of 86.4GB/hr so each pass *should* take about 2.5 hours.

Something seems wrong.  I wouldn't trust any values obtained from
a 24+ hour run.  There is a report after pass 1.  If you don't
get that by about 2x, at most 3x, the calculated figure I'd abort.
Six - eight hours is a common complete runtime.

Check your setup.  Do a dd of about 1GB from /dev/?random? and
see how long that takes.  Extrapolate if it is too slow.  SCSI
setups have been know to have problems once or twice ;-)

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)