Amanda-Users

Re: Backup of windows host does not work

2007-07-10 08:02:35
Subject: Re: Backup of windows host does not work
From: Bjoern B <bb AT ic-marl DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:47:45 +0200
Hi,

hit me hard.

Like we say here "Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil"
Translated something like :

"Who could read, has a real advantage!"

My problem was, that i haven´t seen the important information:

"Once Amanda and Samba are installed, the only difference between a Unix client/disk and PC client/share is in how the backup disks are specified in the file disklist. For each PC share, the entry lists the 'samba server' host (where the patched Samba software is installed) and the disk field is the share name. The remaining fields are like any other DLE."

Thanks for help.

bye

B²