Amanda-Users

Re: Config file upgrade from 2.4.2p2 to 2.5.1p3

2007-07-05 04:31:30
Subject: Re: Config file upgrade from 2.4.2p2 to 2.5.1p3
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:28:42 +0200
Olivier Nicole schrieb:
Sorry, I was not clear enough, that is not 100 character long
password, but some kind of scrambling of "normal length" password,
that is why I used the word obscurity.

Ideally, I'd like a crypted file for amandapass.

But also, I think there's nothing more secure, because amanda must know the cleartext password to connect to samba/windows. And even if it's encrypted or scrambled, there have to be a way to count back for that reason. And then every other tool can do this too.

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost