Amanda-Users

RE: UID under which amanda services should run, if backup server is only client?

2007-07-03 04:14:52
Subject: RE: UID under which amanda services should run, if backup server is only client?
From: "Mark Scheufele" <mark.scheufele AT diasemi DOT com>
To: "Paul Bijnens" <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:13:53 +0200
Hi,

I have installed all binaries correctly. The problem was rather me than
amanda. The SUID bits weren't clear to me in the firstplace. Therefore I
thought I would have to run local dumps under the root ID.

Thanks again for helping me out.

mark

Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
Neue Str. 95
D-73230 Kirchheim
Managing Director: Dr. Jalal Bagherli
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is
confidential and
contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally
privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.