Amanda-Users

infofile update failed

2007-06-25 03:01:07
Subject: infofile update failed
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:58:04 +0300
Hello!

I'm running a single-server configuration of Amanda 2.5.1p2 on FreeBSD 6.2. Recently I added a new DLE. The next amdump run this DLE got dumped, but this message was in the report:

driver: FATAL infofile update failed (hostname.com,'newDLE')

The FAQ-o-Matic says that this is permissions problem. If it is, I cannot figure out how to fix it. In my amanda.conf I have infofile set up as this:

infofile "/var/amanda/BACKUP/curinfo"

I can see that Amanda has actually created the directory /var/amanda/BACKUP/curinfo/hostname.com/newDLE, with permissions 0700 and owned by backup:wheel ('backup' is my Amanda user). If I su to backup, I can manually create files in this directory and walk down to this directory from / with chdir. /var partition has 25 GB free space. So where's the problem?

--
Toomas Aas