Amanda-Users

What does the configure option --with-tape-device= actually do?

2007-06-10 22:00:03
Subject: What does the configure option --with-tape-device= actually do?
From: FL <lengyel AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 18:00:17 -0400
Hi,
After some trouble with an rpm version of amanda, I tried compiling
the latest amanda on my system, starting with

./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=disk
--with-tape-device=/dev/nst1 --with-change-device=/dev/sg5
--with-config=Daily

But after this, /dev/nst1 times out even with the mt command.
So I'm wondering whether this is pure coincidence, or whether the new amanda
has anything to do with this...

I'm running a test with another tape just in (probably likely)
case I'm barking up the wrong tree.