Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda 2.5.1p3 gnutar permissions trouble

2007-06-07 14:42:38
Subject: Re: Amanda 2.5.1p3 gnutar permissions trouble
From: Jordan Desroches <jordan.d.desroches AT Dartmouth DOT EDU>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:37:15 -0400
No, no automounters. Here is the amcheck failure when trying to access a directory underneath the mount point:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: tardis: [could not access /tfs/common/backups (/tfs/common/backups): Permission denied]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.019 seconds, 1 problem found

and an excerpt from that debug file:

OPTIONS features=fffffeff9ffeffffff7f;
ERROR [could not access /tfs/common/backups (/tfs/common/backups): Permission denied]

And the successful amcheck when trying to backup the entire mount point (/tfs/common):

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.019 seconds, 0 problems found

/tfs is on the local system, and /tfs/common (and everything underneath that) is NFS mounted from our NetApp filer.

Thanks,

Jordan