Amanda-Users

Re: tape spanning problem with 2.5.2-20070523

2007-06-07 12:09:51
Subject: Re: tape spanning problem with 2.5.2-20070523
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:04:11 -0400
* Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> [20070606 15:14]:
> Try the attached patch, it will gives more debug output on stderr.
> Which changer script are you using? what is its config?

chg-zd-mtx for the glue script.

Just to make sure, I relabeled all the tape using
a recompiled server and after forcing a full dump I was
getting the same behaviour.

But now I'm getting a debug file and with the patch applied:

# /opt/amanda/spantest/sbin/amfetchdump -p -d /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
spantest wart /bigdisk 20070606 | /usr/freeware/bin/tar -tf -
2 tape(s) needed for restoration
cc
dd (null)
The following tapes are needed: spantest-000001 spantest-000002
Press enter when ready

ee (null)

ff /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
gg /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Label mismatch, got spantest-000002 and expected spantest-000001
hh /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Looking for tape spantest-000001...

Looks like amfetchdump doesn't use the fact that the changer has a
barcode reader. One has to manually insert the first tape of the
spanning set in the drive, am I right? If I insert the needed tapes in
the library and leave the tape drive empty it just goes the the 'next'
slot (which btw I don't where it gets it!) and complains of a tape
label mismatch:

hh /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Could not rewind device '/hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv': tape_rewind: rewinding
tape: /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv: Resource temporarily unavailable
gg /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Could not rewind device '/hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv': tape_rewind: rewinding
tape: /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv: Resource temporarily unavailable
hh /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Looking for tape spantest-000001...
ii /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Label mismatch, got spantest-000007 and expected spantest-000001
hh /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Looking for tape spantest-000001...
ii /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Label mismatch, got spantest-000008 and expected spantest-000001
jj /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
Insert tape labeled spantest-000001 in device /hw/tape/tps6d4nrnsv
and press enter, ^D to finish reading tapes

If I load the first tape needed in the drive everything is good though.
And I assume (not tested) that all the tape needed have to be one
after the others, in the right order.

jf

--
<° ><