Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover problems

2007-05-16 09:29:42
Subject: Re: amrecover problems
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Martin Marcher <martin.marcher AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:22:44 -0400
Your inetd.conf must be:
amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amandad -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped

Martin Marcher wrote:
Hello,

i tried to set up a mix of

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Test_environment_with_virtual_tapes and
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Quick_start

now i can run backups but amrecover tells me about an invalid service
(this is debian/etch if it matters in some way)

if i add the -auth=bsd .... stuff to my /etc/inetd.conf I just get a
timeout. so I really don't have any idea what to do...

any help is appreciated, you can find a session below

$ su -l -c "amdump data" backup
runs without any errors...

$ amrecover data
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p1. Contacting server on localhost ...
NAK: amindexd: invalid service

$ su -l -c "amcheck data" backup
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /imports/holdingdisk/data/: 5232384 kB disk space
available, using 4720384 kB
slot 12: read label `DataDump-12', date `X'
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DataDump-12 label ok
Server check took 0.193 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.107 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.1p1)

$ egrep '(^am)' /etc/inetd.conf
amanda          dgram   udp     wait    backup  /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amandad
amindexd        stream  tcp     nowait  backup  /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
amidxtape       stream  tcp     nowait  backup  /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped

$ egrep -v '(^#)|(^$)' /etc/amandahosts
localhost root amdump amindexd amidxtaped
localhost backup amdump amindexd amidxtaped
shares.openforce.com root amdump amindexd amidxtaped
shares.openforce.com backup amdump amindexd amidxtaped

$ egrep '(^am)' /etc/services
amanda          10080/tcp                       # amanda backup services
amanda          10080/udp
amindexd        10082/tcp                       # amanda backup
services # amandaidx
amidxtaped      10083/tcp                       # amanda backup
services # amidxtape

$ egrep -v '(^#)|(^$)' /etc/amanda/data/amanda.conf
org "My Company"
mailto "bob AT example DOT com"
dumpcycle 4 weeks
runspercycle 28
tapecycle 30
dumpuser "backup"
tpchanger "chg-disk"
tapedev "file:/imports/backup/data/slots"
changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/data/changerfile"
labelstr "DataDump-.*"
tapetype DVD_SIZED_DISK
logdir "/var/log/amanda/data"
infofile "/var/lib/amanda/data/curinfo"
indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/data/index"
tapelist "/var/lib/amanda/data/tapelist"
holdingdisk HD-DATA {
   directory "/imports/holdingdisk/data/"
       use -500 Mb
       chunksize 500 Mb