Amanda-Users

Re: Multiple tape drives in a library?

2007-05-15 08:04:30
Subject: Re: Multiple tape drives in a library?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jordan Desroches <jordan.d.desroches AT Dartmouth DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 07:57:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 14 May 2007 at 11:18pm, Jordan Desroches wrote

Hi all. We have a pretty big library with multiple tape drives. I was wondering if there was a way to setup chg-zd-mtx to use multiple drives, or if I have to go learn how to use chg-juke?

The way I use my multi-drive library is to run 2 simultaneous 'amdump's on the server, each (obviously) with its own config and split the clients between the 2 dumps. It means a little more admin overhead, but you get the benefits of using the drives in parallel.

Note that doing this with LTO3 drives requires a fairly beefy server to keep both drives happy.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering