Amanda-Users

Re: Autoflush not working in 2.5.2

2007-05-14 17:00:27
Subject: Re: Autoflush not working in 2.5.2
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Steven Backus <backus AT whimsy.med.utah DOT edu>, Christopher McCrory <chrismcc AT pricegrabber DOT com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 16:54:40 -0400
The log file doesn't help.

Try http://www.zmanda.com/downloads/community/community-builds/amanda-2.5.2-flush.tar.gz
it add a lot of debugging statement.

Send me the output of:
 ls -altr /home1/dumps/amanda/
 ls -altr /home2/dumps/amanda/
 amadmin genepi holding list

run: amflush genepi -o tapedev=/no/tapedev -o tpchanger=""
This command will flush nothing, you can try it many times.
Send me the amflush.*.debug and the amflush.1 files

Jean-Louis

Steven Backus wrote:
I have returned from last week's trip and am ready to tackle this.
Once again on Friday night, autoflush failed and when I tried to
use amflush from 2.5.2 I received the error:

Could not find any valid dump image, check directory.

however, the amflush from 2.5.1p3 seemed to work.

Send me the amdump log file, it is in `amgetconf genepi logdir`