Amanda-Users

Re: Your amanda-2.5.2 bugs.

2007-05-08 14:57:30
Subject: Re: Your amanda-2.5.2 bugs.
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:45:18 -0400
* Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> [20070508 08:11]:
> Hello,
>
> I committed all patch.
> Can you test today's snapshot and verify that it compile and run.
> I want to be sure all patches are committed correctly.
>
> snapshot can be found at http://www.zmanda.com/community-builds.php
>
> Thanks for your help

OK, I had a go with the new snapshot but because I can't configure on
the server running 6.5.19f (configure somehow coredumps, don't know
why) I have to configure on a old O200 box running 6.5.14m and
compiling and installing looks ok so far: the 6.5.19f server and
clients (linux debian) seem to be happy. Configuring on the 6.5.14 and
compiling and the 6.5.19f boxes fails though: I've attached the output
from the make. Look like some include files (netdb.h and others) make
the compilation go plunk.

Attempting to perform a restore fails though while using amrecover.
I get:

( I have this is amanda.conf:
amrecover_do_fsf yes
amrecover_check_label yes
amrecover_changer "changer"
)

# /opt/amanda/amanda4/sbin/amrecover
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.2-20070508. Contacting server on yorick ...
220 yorick AMANDA index server (2.5.2-20070508) ready.
Setting restore date to today (2007-05-08)
200 Working date set to 2007-05-08.
200 Config set to stk_80-conf4.
200 Dump host set to yorick.
Use the setdisk command to choose dump disk to recover
amrecover> setdisk ado1_slsj
200 Disk set to ado1_slsj.
amrecover> setdate 2007-05-07
200 Working date set to 2007-05-07.
amrecover> settape changer
Using tape "changer" from server yorick.
amrecover> pwd
/
amrecover> lpwd
/tmp/ado1_slsj
amrecover> add .
Added dir /. at date 2007-04-30
Added dir /. at date 2007-05-06

amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive changer on host yorick.
The following tapes are needed: stk_40-conf4-000023
                                stk_40-conf4-000005

Restoring files into directory /tmp/ado1_slsj
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive changer on host yorick.
Load tape stk_40-conf4-000023 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
no tapedev specified
Not an amanda tape
Load tape stk_40-conf4-000023 now

there seems to be a problem with the glue script chg-zd-mtx.
See the attached amidxtaped debug file.

Finally on running amcheck there is (still) the problem with disknames
containing a '_' : because the index and info files dont exist theses
dle's will be scheduled for a full backup next time a amdump is
running...creating proper symlinks solves the issue of course.

Thank you,
jf

--
<° ><