Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.2 compilation failure on irix-6.5.x

2007-05-07 16:05:15
Subject: Re: 2.5.2 compilation failure on irix-6.5.x
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Pieter Bowman <bowman AT math.utah DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:02:46 -0400
* Pieter Bowman <bowman AT math.utah DOT edu> [20070507 15:09]:

> >> cc-1084 cc: ERROR File = /usr/include/sys/socket.h, Line = 66
> >>   The indicated declaration has an invalid combination of type specifiers.
> >>
> >>   typedef int socklen_t;
>
> I'm guessing that Jean-Francois' release of IRIX is probably newer
> than the one I have (IRIX 6.5.4m here).  The socket.h here doesn't

Wow! You have 6.5.4m!?! Brave man! :)

I have a mixture between 6.5.14m to 6.5.27m. My main amanda server is
6.5.19f but I'm having strange problems trying to configure on this
host (configure coredumps with a memory error -- seen this before and
a reboot seems to fix it).

I patched and put your #defines in and using either gcc 3.3.2 or
native irix C compiler seems to compile fine on a 6.5.14m host. I will
install and do further tests tomorrow...

thanks jf

--
<° ><