Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover using ssh-auth

2007-04-30 20:24:01
Subject: Re: amrecover using ssh-auth
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: sgw AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:21:20 -0400
Because the host key is not known.

Try: ssh ng.oops.intern -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa -l amanda
and accept the host key.

ssh doesn't use xinetd.

Jean-Louis

Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
This doesn't work for me since I tried it first with 2.5.1p2 on client
and server :

Followed the zmanda-howto
(http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuring_SSH_authentication), could
be a bit more explicit in some points IMO ...

--> Can't use amrecover via ssh-auth here.

I always get:

# amrecover dds -s ng -t ng
Host key verification failed.
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.2b1. Contacting server on ng ...
[request failed: EOF on read from ng.oops.intern]

ng is the server, running 2.5.2b1.

The client runs 2.5.1p3 and has

# cat /etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf
auth "ssh"
ssh_keys "/root/.ssh/id_rsa"

id_rsa.pub is in the authorized_keys of the amanda-user on the server.

--

amdump via ssh-auth works fine.

Any hints on this?

Doesn't "auth=ssh" have to be in the xinetd-entry on the server as well?
I can't find clear infos on how to edit the xinetd.d-file for ssh-only.

Thanks, Stefan.