Amanda-Users

Backup problem

2007-03-28 03:23:28
Subject: Backup problem
From: "Shehab" <shehab AT nilavo DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:44:24 +0600

Hello,

I am facing some configuration issue with Amanda. When I am checking the configuration it gives the following error:

sh-3.1$ amcheck daily

Amanda Tape Server Host Check

-----------------------------

Holding disk /space/amandahold/daily: 68430084 KB disk space available, using 1024000 KB as requested

not an amanda tape (Read 0 bytes)

       (expecting a new tape)

NOTE: conf info dir /etc/amanda/daily/curinfo does not exist

NOTE: it will be created on the next run.

NOTE: index dir /etc/amanda/daily/index does not exist

NOTE: it will be created on the next run.

Server check took 0.001 seconds

amcheck-clients: could not find security driver 'bdstcp' for host 'localhost.localdomain'

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check

WARNING: Usage of fully qualified hostname recommended for Client localhost.localdomain.

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.1p2)

I am using Fedora with kernel 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5. Would anybody please shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

-- Shehab