Amanda-Users

Problem with 2.5.1p3 on AIX

2007-03-05 18:16:41
Subject: Problem with 2.5.1p3 on AIX
From: "storm66 AT club-internet DOT fr" <storm66 AT club-internet DOT fr>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 00:05:57 +0100
Hello,

I succeed in compiling (gcc 4.1) the 2.5.1p3 on AIX 5.2 with :
--disable-shared in the configure step and some alterations in all
Makefiles.
While executing the process hangs while gzipping the index file ...
I encounter the same problem on Linux and have to revert to the previous
version.
I try to recompile with the 2.5.0.p2 and the process work util end and
files are written to the virtual tape used for tests.
I will try now to restore some files.

What to do in the Makefiles
---------------------------
1) In the CFLAGS parameters ;
change
-q32 to -maix64
-qlonglong to -mlong-double-64

2) In the LDFLAGS parameters :
suppress the '-b32' so LDFLAGS end with no param at all.

3) The parameter ' -X 64' must be added to "ar" parameters in all
Makefiles

4) Add '-x 64' to all "ar" in the "libtool" script (occurs 3 times).

5) make and make install.

6) go

Regards

Storm66