Amanda-Users

Re: -auth vs 2.4.4p1 clients & 2.5.1p2 server

2007-01-19 16:23:32
Subject: Re: -auth vs 2.4.4p1 clients & 2.5.1p2 server
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Deb Baddorf <baddorf AT fnal DOT gov>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:11:51 -0500
Since you are using the old amindexd/amidxtaped protocol, you must configure them in your server xinetd the same way you did for your amanda 2.4.5 server.

Deb Baddorf wrote:
What kind of configuration do I need,   now that I've upgraded my
server to  2.5.1p2?     Most of the clients are 2.4.something
and are no longer able to connect to do a recover,   although dumps
work fine.

The server is itself a client. It can do a recover now, but if we change
something I'll need to make this work too.
Oh,  and one new client  is at 2.5.something.

All are backing up fine,   but what can I do about recover connecting?
I got mixed versions of clients,  I guess!

Deb Baddorf