Amanda-Users

upgrade issue, 2.5.1 to 2.5.1p2: things are worse than I thought

2006-11-25 19:43:03
Subject: upgrade issue, 2.5.1 to 2.5.1p2: things are worse than I thought
From: Steve Newcomb <srn AT coolheads DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 25 Nov 2006 12:05:36 -0500
> As a temporary measure, I have re-installed 2.5.1 on my server
> and it's working again, but I'd prefer to be running the same
> version everywhere.

Well, I lied.  amcheck worked OK, but amflush 2.5.1 refuses to flush
the dumps made with 2.5.1p2 on the holding disk, saying:

    amanda@dimanche:~$ amflush coolheads
    Scanning /nobackup/AMANDASPOOL...
      20061125001502: found Amanda directory.
    Could not find any valid dump image, check directory.

The directory has many dump files in it, and it looks OK.

Is there a trick I should know?

-- Steve

Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
Coolheads Consulting

Co-editor, Topic Maps International Standard (ISO/IEC 13250)
Co-editor, draft Topic Maps -- Reference Model (ISO/IEC 13250-5)

srn AT coolheads DOT com
http://www.coolheads.com

direct: +1 540 951 9773
main:   +1 540 951 9774
fax:    +1 540 951 9775

208 Highview Drive
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060 USA

(Confidential to all US government personnel to whom this private
letter is not addressed and who are reading it in the absence of a
specific search warrant: You, along with the corrupt and pusillanimous
109th Congress, are co-conspiring to subvert the Constitution that you
are sworn to defend.  You can either refuse to commit this crime, or
you can expect to suffer criminal sanctions in the future, when the
current administration of the United States of America has been
replaced by one that respects the rule of law.  I do not envy you for
having to make this difficult choice, but I urge you to make it
wisely.)