Amanda-Users

I would like to backup bi-weekly/fornightly a full backup to the external USB 250GB hard drive.

2006-11-15 12:06:28
Subject: I would like to backup bi-weekly/fornightly a full backup to the external USB 250GB hard drive.
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:01:50 +0000
Hi List

I have a Daily Config and Monthly archive Config (Last Friday of every
month script) backup running using SuSE SLES 9, Amanda version 2.4.4p2
on the DAT 4MM*150MM tape server and 4 clients but version 2.5 on a new
client I added to the DLE.

Anyway I for now dont want to update my main Amanda server for now due
to other commitments but I would like to know is it possible TO add say
a bi-weekly config
that will back up to a external USB 250GB hard drive.

As I am likely to purchase two external USB 250GB hard drive and I would
like to
backup bi-weekly/fornightly a full backup to the external USB 250GB hard
drive.
Which I can take off-site along with the Monthly archive DAT tapes, thus
leave
the other bi-weekly/fornightly on site. Thus have a Daily(incremental)
Bi-weekly(full) and Monthly archive(full) setup running is this
feasible.

I have read up on Amanda virtual stuff but would rather for now utilise
Amanda version 2.4.4p2.

Cheers
--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator