Amanda-Users

selfcheck not running

2006-11-07 11:01:30
Subject: selfcheck not running
From: James Wilson <jwilson AT transolutions DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:40:05 -0600
Hey All,

Any ideas on why selfcheck would not run on a client. I have a rhel4 server that I just installed the client on and I always get the selfcheck error. When I look in the /tmp/amanda directory there is no logs for selfcheck but there are logs for amandad. The logs for amandad say, any help is appreciated.

amandad: time 0.001: creating new service: /usr/lib/amanda/noop
OPTIONS features=fffffeff9ffeffff07;

amandad: time 0.003: sending ACK pkt:
<<<<<

amandad: time 0.003: sending REP pkt:
<<<<<
OPTIONS features=fffffeff9ffeffff07;

amandad: time 10.002: timeout
amandad: time 10.002: sending REP pkt:
<<<<<
OPTIONS features=fffffeff9ffeffff07;

amandad: time 10.003: received REQ pkt:
<<<<<
SERVICE noop
OPTIONS features=fffffeff9ffeffff07;

amandad: time 10.003: received unexpected REQ packet
<<<<<
SERVICE noop
OPTIONS features=fffffeff9ffeffff07;
----

amandad: time 10.003: sending NAK pkt:
<<<<<
ERROR unexpected packet type REQ

amandad: time 20.005: accept recv REQ pkt:
<<<<<
SERVICE noop
OPTIONS features=fffffeff9ffeffff07;

amandad: time 20.005: /usr/lib/amanda/noop OPTIONS features=fffffeff9ffeffff07;
: already running, acking req
amandad: time 20.005: sending ACK pkt:
<<<<<