Amanda-Users

no incremental backup in strategy standard

2006-10-31 16:48:10
Subject: no incremental backup in strategy standard
From: Thomas Ginestet <thomas.ginestet AT gpsa DOT fr>
To: "'Amanda List'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:26:40 +0100
Hi list,

I've got a problem with my dump cycle. In my dumpcycle of 7 days (with 5 runs per cycle) and a strategy standard, I've got 5 full backups instead of one full and 4 incremental backups. Here is my amanda.conf:

org "test"              # your organization name for reports
dumpuser "backup"       # the user to run dumps under

inparallel 8            # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel
displayunit "m"
maxdumps 2
etimeout 2500
dtimeout 5000
netusage  10240         # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per sec

# a filesystem is due for a full backup once every <dumpcycle> days
dumpcycle 7             # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 5
runtapes 2
tapecycle 20 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation

amrecover_do_fsf yes amrecover_check_label yes

bumpsize 10 MB # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumppercent  0
bumpdays     1          # minimum days at each level
bumpmult     4          # threshold = bumpsize * (level-1)**bumpmult

tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
changerdev "/dev/sg5"
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/Tests/loader"
tapetype LTO2           # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes below)
labelstr "P552LJ[0-9][0-9]$" # label constraint regex: all tapes must match
label_new_tapes "P552LJ%%"

autoflush on

infofile "/var/lib/amanda/Tests/curinfo"        # database filename
logfile  "/var/log/amanda/Tests/log"            # log filename

indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/Tests/index"

define tapetype LTO2 {
   comment "LTO-2"
   length 199680 mbytes