Amanda-Users

backups failing

2006-10-31 10:13:18
Subject: backups failing
From: Joe Berens <joe AT tc.umn DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:42:08 -0600 (CST)
Hello,

I am using amanda to backup several partitions on a direct attached raid
(Solaris 10).  When I run amdump from cron, most of them get dumped fine
but some fail with the following:

  driver: dumper0 pid 21088 is messed up, ignoring it.
  driver: <hostname> /export/project/00 0 [dump to tape failed, will try
again]
  driver: no idle dumpers for summit.ece.umn.edu:/export/project/00.
  driver: dumper0 exited with signal 11

If I run the same amdump command from the command line, it always works.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Berens
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities            Phone: 612-625-4585
200 Union Street SE, Room 4-174                  Email: joe AT umn DOT edu
Minneapolis, MN 55455                            Office: EE/CSsci 1-183