Amanda-Users

ACK timeout issue I wrote about

2006-10-19 17:50:33
Subject: ACK timeout issue I wrote about
From: Lawrence Weeks <dev AT anabasis DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:40:54 -0500
Hi,

Somebody responded to my prior message and prompted me to think
about networking. The client machine has multiple IP addresses
(Linux RHEL4), and the Amanda server hits an older address that is
now on a virtual interface. This client machine works fine with a
2.4.4p1 server. With the 2.5.1p1 server, ACK timeouts. However, when
I switched the 2.5.1p1 server to query the client machine's primary
interface hostname/IP address, no more timeouts. This behavior is
different from the 2.4.4p1 server.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks AT anabasis DOT net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd