Amanda-Users

Re: FATAL Did not get DATE line from planner

2006-10-19 10:00:13
Subject: Re: FATAL Did not get DATE line from planner
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe AT eppesuigoccas.homedns DOT org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:52:12 -0400
amanda generate a lot of debug and log files, have you looked at them?

What's in amdump.1 and planner.<timestamp>.debug?

Jean-Louis

Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
Hi list,
I am (still) configuring amanda for the first time. I am at the point
where everything should be configured, but, when running amdump, I get

*** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!

The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
The next new tape already labelled is: SAVIO_00.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  localhost  /            RESULTS MISSING
  localhost  /home        RESULTS MISSING
  localhost  /usr         RESULTS MISSING
  localhost  /opt/baan    RESULTS MISSING
  localhost  /opt/baanIV  RESULTS MISSING
  driver: FATAL Did not get DATE line from planner

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Incr.
                        --------   --------   --------
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:00
Run Time (hrs:min)         0:00
Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
Avg Compressed Size (%) -- -- -- Filesystems Dumped 0 0 0 Avg Dump Rate (k/s) -- -- --
Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
Filesystems Taped             0          0          0

Chunks Taped                  0          0          0
Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s) -- -- --
?
DUMP SUMMARY:
DUMPER STATS TAPER STATS HOSTNAME DISK L ORIG-kB OUT-kB COMP% MMM:SS KB/s MMM:SS KB/s
-------------------------- ------------------------------------- -------------
localhost    /             MISSING -------------------------------------------
localhost    /opt/baanIV   MISSING -------------------------------------------

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.5.1p1)

I tried to find an answer to this problem, browsing the archive of the
list and googling, but failed.
Do you have any idea of what is happening?

Thank you very much,
Giuseppe