Amanda-Users

maxpromoteday

2006-10-18 23:08:51
Subject: maxpromoteday
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:55:40 -0500
Debian Amanda package 2.5.0p2-2.1

I got tired of my Amanda setup at home continually promoting many
dumps 5 or 6 days ahead (on a 7 day dumpcycle), so I thought I would
add:
maxpromoteday 3
to my config as line number 24.  However, Amanda doesn't seem to like
this, as an amcheck yields"

$ amcheck daily
"/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf", line 24: configuration keyword expected
"/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf", line 24: end of line expected
amcheck: errors processing config file "/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf"

Commenting out that line (maxpromoteday 3) makes it all happy again.
Looking through the source of an older version shows that to be the
correct name, as does the man page for amanda.conf that came with
the 2.5 package.  Did the variable change names or disappear in 2.5?

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673