Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda error "Unexpected field value..."

2006-10-18 05:13:12
Subject: Re: Amanda error "Unexpected field value..."
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
To: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:01:36 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Paul Yeatman wrote:
> Just to follow up on this, I was forced to downgrade to tar version
> 1.15.1 before things worked correctly and without the "Unexpected field
> value" messages.  Things were just not working as expected with 1.15.91.

Indeed.

JFYI, Debian recently released an update of 1.15.91 (1.15.91-2.1), which fixes
some bugs w.r.t. restores of incrementals.
But the issue with creating incrementals and escaping to different file systems
is still there :-(

>   --received from Paul Yeatman--
> >
> > I have run into the exact same problem on a client that is running
> > Debian (Etch) linux using tar version 1.15.91 (and amanda 2.5.0p2-1).
> > I have now noticed, given your message, that things worked fine with
> > the first Debian tar 1.15.91 package but, when a revised tar 1.15.91
> > package was released end of July, 2 of the 3 partitions on the client
> > began failing during the size estimation stage with the same tar
> > error message, "Unexpected field value".

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert AT linux-m68k
DOT org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds