Amanda-Users

amdump reports tape usage over 100%

2006-10-10 11:16:47
Subject: amdump reports tape usage over 100%
From: Steven Settlemyre <settlemy AT asel.udel DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:36:25 -0400
Dear List,

I have recently stepped into an admin role where amanda is already set up. I have a lot of questions, but I'll try to limit myself. I'm running Amanda 2.5.0p2 on a Debian system. With an 8-tape changer.

1) How do I find out if hardware compression is turned on?

2) Why does the amreport show > 100% in the "Usage by Tape" section?

USAGE BY TAPE:
 Label           Time      Size      %    Nb    Nc
 Monthly47       4:44 43875264k  108.8    44  1088

3) What do the levels mean? I think 0 means full backup, but what are the other numbers?

That's a good start.

Thanks,
Steve