Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover question.

2006-09-26 16:47:44
Subject: Re: amrecover question.
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: "Lee, Raymond" <Raymond.Lee AT qwest DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:16:16 -0400
* Lee, Raymond <Raymond.Lee AT qwest DOT com> [20060926 16:02]:
> Sometimes the files you're recovering are on a tape that's no longer in
> the changer, so you must manually insert it into the changer and mount
> it to a drive before telling amrecover to continue.
>
> I think it would be nice if Amanda could mount the tape automatically
> without asking you, if it knows that the required tape is already in the
> changer.  Can it already do this, or will it be a feature in a future
> release?

Please stop the top-replies and properly indent what you are replying
to as otherwize it screws up attribution and makes it hard to sift
through the archives afterwards.

To get back to your question, in the amanda manpage:

amrecover_changer  string
              Default:  ''. Amrecover will use the changer if you
              use 'settape <string>' and that string is the  same
              as the amrecover_changer setting.

As been available since 2.4.3 but I might be mistaken...

HTH
jf

--
<° ><