Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover fails in rel 2.5.1 with NAK: amindexd: invalid service

2006-09-22 00:36:57
Subject: Re: amrecover fails in rel 2.5.1 with NAK: amindexd: invalid service
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: David Trusty <dwtrusty AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:20:09 -0500
David Trusty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed release 2.5.1 on a SUSE 10.1 machine.  I was able
> to do a backup fine, but when I try to run amrecover, I get this error:
>
> # amrecover Monthly
> AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1. Contacting server on localhost ...
> NAK: amindexd: invalid service

Do you have the amindexd service configured in (x)inetd?
Does it show up in a 'netstat -l' ?

> The amcheck command shows no errors.

amcheck only checks to see if backups would work, not restores,
so it won't tell you if index or tape services are available.

> Any ideas?

See above.  Also, not related to your current problem, you
should look in the list archives for threads on how using
'localhost' in your disklist can cause problems later on.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673