Amanda-Users

Re: amtapetype problems

2006-09-08 15:55:09
Subject: Re: amtapetype problems
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Nick Jones <nicholas-jones AT uiowa DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:45:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 at 2:39pm, Nick Jones wrote

Please keep responses on the list. Also, top posting and not trimming your posts are generally frowned upon.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I've had so many problems with this, I just assumed this to be another
strange error and did not even notice the medium not present
message.... duh!!!!.

Also, I think load is not the right word to use since mt cannot load a
tape, it must be done manually or by a robot.

Precisely. Use 'mtx' to have the robot load the tape. After the tape drive goes through its (automatic) loading cycle, the tape will be ready for use. 'mt status' can confirm that. Furthermore, at least with my Overland robot, 'mtx unload' automatically does a 'mt offline' to eject the tape. So running 'mt' manually is pretty rare, really.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering