Amanda-Users

Couple of doubts about report and tapes

2006-08-31 02:51:40
Subject: Couple of doubts about report and tapes
From: David Sánchez Martín <dsanchez AT e2000 DOT es>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:45:13 +0200
Hi list:

I've got a 2 or 3 doubts about amanda and tapes:

USAGE BY TAPE:
  Label          Time      Size      %    Nb
  DIARIO08       0:07  6568933K    3.2     8

1.- ¿What does Nb column mean?

2.- ¿Does amanda allways rewinds the tape before writing to it (so tape is
allways overwrited)? (I think this is true)

3.- On the other hand, incremental, AFAIK, means "backup of all the files
that have changed since the last backup, even if that was an incremental
backup (as opossed to a full backup)". Is there a way to make a differential
backup ("backup of all the files that have since the last FULL backup").

TIA :-)