Amanda-Users

need regex help

2006-08-24 10:47:20
Subject: need regex help
From: "Jeff Portwine" <jdport AT michigandrill DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:40:15 -0400
Please forgive me if this comes across twice, I sent the same question yesterday but it seems that it never made it to the list.. at least I didn't receive my own message if it did.

------------

I want amanda to back up multiple home directories, but I don't want to back up everything in /home.
I tried using  syntax like this:

myserver      /dev/sdc1 {
    server-user-tar
    include "./home/(user1|user2|user3|user4)*"
}

Amcheck didn't have any problems with it but when the backup actually ran, I got the following messages in the dump report:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  frank.veritime.com  /dev/sdc1  lev 0  STRANGE

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/--  myserver /dev/sdc1 lev 0 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [myserver:/dev/sdc1 level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/gtar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gtar -f... -
sendbackup: info end
? gtar: ./home/(user1|user2|user3|user4)*: Warning: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
| Total bytes written: 10240 (10kB, ?B/s)
sendbackup: size 10
sendbackup: end
\--------

Did I do the regex incorrectly, or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Jeff