Amanda-Users

Re: amflush fails

2006-08-24 10:37:35
Subject: Re: amflush fails
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: charles AT stremen.xs4all DOT nl
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:29:57 -0400
Charles,

It's a bug 2.5.1b1.

Upgrade to 2.5.1b2, latest cvs or latest snapshot
from http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~martinea/amanda

We are close of a stable 2.5.1 release.

Jean-Louis

Charles Stroom wrote:
Hi all,

last day's dump of Amanda (version 2.5.1b1) failed and files were
left over in the holding disk.  So I tried to do an amflush which
also fails, nearly immediately.  Below is some more info:

logfile amflush.1:
amflush: start at Thu Aug 24 13:02:54 CEST 2006
amflush: datestamp 20060824130248
amflush: Can't fdopen: Illegal seek
driver: pid 29589 executable driver version 2.5.1b1
driver: Did not get DATE line from planner

logfile log.20060824130248.0:
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /boot
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /home
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /home/charles/pictures
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /home/charles/vmware-4
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /local
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /opt
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /usr
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /usr/local
DISK amflush corrente.localnet /var
START amflush date 20060824130248
FATAL amflush Can't fdopen: Illegal seek
FATAL driver Did not get DATE line from planner

and the mailed report is
From: [email protected] (Amanda)

*** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!

The next tape Amanda expects to use is: daily-05.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  amflush: FATAL Can't fdopen: Illegal seek
  driver: FATAL Did not get DATE line from planner

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Incr.
                        --------   --------   --------
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:00
Run Time (hrs:min)         0:00
Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
Avg Compressed Size (%) -- -- -- Filesystems Dumped 0 0 0 Avg Dump Rate (k/s) -- -- --
Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
Filesystems Taped             0          0          0

Chunks Taped                  0          0          0
Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s) -- -- --

DUMP SUMMARY:
DUMPER STATS TAPER STATS HOSTNAME DISK L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS KB/s MMM:SS KB/s
-------------------------- ------------------------------------- -------------
corrente.loc /             NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc /boot         NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc /home         NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc -s/pictures   NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc -s/vmware-4   NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc /local        NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc /opt          NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc /usr          NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc /usr/local    NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------
corrente.loc /var          NO FILE TO FLUSH ----------------------------------

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.5.1b1)

I have tried to use amflush before and it never succeeded, I always
got the same problem, but than I ignored the problem as the dumps
started to run smoothly.  I am rather new to Amanda.

Can anybody shed some light?  This is an RPM installation of Amanda
version 2.5.1b1 on SuSE 10.0, currently a single PC as client-server.

Regards,

Charles Stroom

email: charles at stremen dot xs4all dot nl