Amanda-Users

Virtual tapes (a/k/a disks) filling up.

2006-08-21 11:16:22
Subject: Virtual tapes (a/k/a disks) filling up.
From: "Ken D'Ambrosio" <kend AT xanoptix DOT com>
To: "Amanda List" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:10:29 -0400 (EDT)
[Sorry if this is a double; my initial one was sent from a non-list address.]

Hi, all -- I've got a bunch of virtual tapes that work in a round-robbin
fashion, and they're filling up to 100%.  So, a few questions:

- Shouldn't Amanda be "smart" enough not to fill them (assuming filesizes
don't change markedly between the estimate and the backup itself, which
they don't)?

- How do I keep it from happening in the future?

- Now that it's happened, I assume something went wrong somewhere with some
of my backups; how do I determine what, if anything, is kaput?

Thanks!

-Ken