Amanda-Users

Re: using star instead of tar, backuping Zope

2006-08-18 21:51:19
Subject: Re: using star instead of tar, backuping Zope
From: Thomas Ginestet <thomas.ginestet AT gpsa DOT fr>
To: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:48:33 +0200

Olivier Nicole a écrit :
It looks to work well if I launch the script from bash. But if I try to run amcheck, it gives me following error:

ERROR: www-dev: [GNUTAR program not available]

Have you checked amanda debug files (in /tmp/amanda)? It should tell
you what program Amanda is callin GNUTAR.

Did you rebuild Amanda using the new path of your script in
/usr/local/bin?

Olivier

Thks a lot, the problem was that I haven't rebuilt amanda-common with the wrapper path on my client, but just rebuilt amanda-client. It works now with tar.
Now I have to script in order to replace tar arguments by star arguments...

Thomas