Amanda-Users

Re:

2006-08-14 01:11:38
Subject: Re:
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 00:03:11 -0400
On Sunday 13 August 2006 23:20, Lengyel, Florian wrote:
>Identical, except for identd on one client (the client that
>doesn't work doesn't have identd).

Permissions and all?  In some cases thats all important.

OTOH, the client that doesn't have inetd SHOULD have xinetd, and a
directory of control files in /etc/xinetd.d, and the one for the amanda
daemons should look something like this, noting that this file can be
named anything because its the contents that count:
=====================
# default = off
#
# This is the list of daemons & such it needs
service amanda
{
 disable = no
 socket_type = dgram
 protocol = udp
 wait  = yes
 user  = amanda
 group  = disk
 groups  = yes
 server  = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
}
service amandaidx
{
 disable = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amindexd
}
service amidxtape
{
 disable = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped
}
Those paths are as installed by the tarball build, rpms will probably not
have the 'local' in the path.  The user is whoever will be the one to
invoke amdump etc.  The 'group' must have write perms to the disks.

If you edit this file, then do a 'service xinetd restart' from the command
line as root to make the edits effective w/o a reboot.

I hope this helps.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: