Amanda-Users

What exactly happens if last image won't fit on tape?

2006-07-21 16:03:31
Subject: What exactly happens if last image won't fit on tape?
From: "Ronald Vincent Vazquez" <rvazquez AT ctcministries DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:57:55 -0400 (EDT)
Hello:

Running 2.4.5_p1 on Gentoo Linux (no tape spanning, right?).  Ok, let's
say that all images but the last one have been written to tape.  The last
image to be dumped to tape is too large to fit on the tape remaining.

My assumption is that since amanda knows how long the tape is, it won't
attempt to write the last image to the first tape but use the second tape
to write the last image.  Am I correct in my assumption?  I am still
looking for evidence in the documentation but haven't yet found anything.

Thanks,

Ronald Vincent Vazquez
Senior Unix Systems Administrator
Senior Network Manager
Christ Tabernacle Church Ministries
http://www.ctcministries.org
(240) 401-9192 Cell

For web hosting solutions, please visit:
http://www.spherenix.com/