Amanda-Users

Re: Backup for specific files

2006-07-13 22:35:14
Subject: Re: Backup for specific files
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: silpakala AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:28:31 +0700 (ICT)
> Please provide the details is there any restrictions
> to provide to take the backup for the file type?

Amanda is design to backup directories and file systems, not just
individual files.

Beside, it is a way better idea to backup any file in a directory
except a few one we are sure that we don't want, rather than to have
to explicetly define a list of the files we want.

If new file types are added, in the first approache we may end up
backuping it even if we don't want them, in the second approach we
would not backup them while we do need a backup.

Exclude list is the safe awy of doing it.

Olivier