Amanda-Users

Re: Graphical User Interface for Amanda

2006-07-12 04:00:55
Subject: Re: Graphical User Interface for Amanda
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: silpa kala <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:54:47 +0100
silpa kala wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to develop the GUI for Amanda using Java
swings. I have two options . Please suggest me which
one is best.

1.Develop the new application for java and invoke the
planner and driver executable.Amanda code need not be
touched.

2.Convert the entire server code to Java and adding
the java swings for the Graphical User Interface.

Please help me out in this.
Thanks & Regards,
Silpakala

Hi

I'd say go for option 1. Then people can add it should they wish.

Also means there's not fork in the code, ie you don't to re-implement every patch etc which you would have to do with option 2.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.